Debit Card Information
Important Information About Debit Card Security
Your security is very important to us. We recently replaced all our debit cards with the new chip card technology. The new chip on your card provides additional security when used at terminals and ATMs that are chip-enabled—the data stored on the chip is more difficult to counterfeit or copy. However, this does not prevent fraud completely. For your protection, we have temporarily added the following restrictions on debit card transactions:
California, New York and Texas – ALL transactions require you to use your Chip and PIN. Signature-based transactions are restricted.
All Other States – Transactions for more than $50 at the following merchant type require you to use your Chip and PIN.
Signature based transactions for $50 and less will be allowed:
- Convenience Stores
Transactions for more than $99 at the following merchant types require you to use your Chip and PIN.
Signature-based transactions for $99 and less will be allowed.
- Department Stores
- Discount Stores
- Dollar Stores
- Electronic Stores
- Grocery Stores
- Hobby Game stores
- Home Supply/Warehouse
- Pharmacies Stores
- Shoe Stores
- Stationary/Office Supplies
- Variety Stores
- Video Amusement
- Wholesale Clubs
- Women’s ready- to- wear stores
In our continuing efforts to keep your accounts secure, we’ve improved our alert system for potential fraud.
Here’s how it works:
- When potential fraud is detected, you will receive an automatic email notification, with the option to respond and confirm fraud or no fraud.
- One minute after the email, you will receive a text alert, which also has the option to respond and confirm fraud or no fraud.
- If there is no response received, you will then receive automatic phone calls to confirm or deny fraud. If fraud is confirmed or if there is a failure to authenticate your identity, you will be connected to a fraud analyst.
Remember – our messages will never ask for your PIN or account number.
The phone number for our Fraud Center has changed to 1-800-417-4592. If you add this number to your phone contacts and label it “Fraud Center,” it will display on your phone whenever you get a call from this number. If you also add the short-code 32874 and label it “Fraud Center”, it will display on your phone whenever you get a text from the Fraud Center.
In order for this service to be effective it is important that we have your current contact information.
If you have any questions, please contact a Customer Service Representative at (478) 453-3571. As always, thank you for banking with Century Bank and Trust.